Speculation on Intel's Next-gen Chips and Apple's Interest

RGrphc2

...InSaNe...
yea i read that last night...can't wait till the transition is complete.

Imagine Dual Core-Dual Processor 64-bit chips :D :D :D

Can't wait...exciting times to be a mac user.
 

Reality

Registered
I was interested in the intel switch because I thought it might save me 1 or 2 hundred on my next Apple machine. But if its just going to be more expensive then I might not be upgrading for a little while.
 

THMTRXMN

Registered
Now wait a minute, if apple switches to intel chips are they going to end up having a registry like in PC's, you know the things that many viruses attach to?

Please help I am um... really clueless on this?
 

RGrphc2

...InSaNe...
THMTRXMN said:
Now wait a minute, if apple switches to intel chips are they going to end up having a registry like in PC's, you know the things that many viruses attach to?

Please help I am um... really clueless on this?
Apple's OS doesn't have registry that's a windows component do your research, intel chips doesn't add a registry to anything it's the windows OS
 

Mikuro

Crotchety UI Nitpicker
RGrphc2 said:
Imagine Dual Core-Dual Processor 64-bit chips :D :D :D
I don't think we'll have to imagine it for long. We should be getting it from IBM long before we get it from Intel. Dual-core G5s ought to be released this year or early next year.
 

THMTRXMN

Registered
I know that, I just didn't know how the registry works, you didn't have to make a quasi-rude statement, not everyone is a genius.

No Flames Please. it is not needed
 

RGrphc2

...InSaNe...
THMTRXMN said:
I know that, I just didn't know how the registry works, you didn't have to make a quasi-rude statement, not everyone is a genius.

No Flames Please. it is not needed
I wasn't flaming, if it came off like that my bad. The Registry is a windows owned application, a lot of my wintel user friends think that OSx86 is gonna be plagued by the viruses like windows. It's actually a very common question about the switch. Check out macworld.com for full coverage of it, they helped answer a lot of my question's about it too.
 

THMTRXMN

Registered
O.K. thank you I noticed that people post there hardware on here so I thought I would, Ok be prepared to get a little retro, and remember this is the current hardware that I am using.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Generation iBook, you know the blue one
G3 300Mhz
192mb RAM 5.6 GB HardDrive "would be 6GBs but there is a corrupt section"
4mbs ATI graphics card
CD-ROM drive "I think it is a 5x CD Drive"
OS 10.3.9 "O.K. so the OS is not old, but it is surprising that my computer runs it"
 

Qion

Uber Nothing
To make it easier on yourself, just put your hardware specs in your signature using the User CP tab on this forum :D
 
Top