Speed download

nkuvu

Gone
So I tried a download manager, Speed Download. I didn't like it much, so I removed it. But the darn program left its little plugin in OmniWeb, so now when I click on a link to download something, I get "This link has been sent to Speed Download". Which is of course impossible, since Speed Download doesn't exist on my computer anymore...

I looked through the plugins in OW, but didn't see it. Am I blind? If not, where would this little hook reside? How do I get this out of OW??

it also installs a file in ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items

I'm not sure if that particular thing works in browser other than IE. It doesn't show up in Mozilla (Speed Download does work with it, but not the contextual menu thing)

It tried to use Stuffit Expander in my classic system for post processing all the time, when I removed it, it just stopped doing post processing.. :p

what? Why did you remove speed download? Speed download ROCKS!! It quadruple quadrupled my download speeds to the power of 10!!! Literally! I counted!!

Uh, because I didn't like it? I thought I made that clear. :)

Seriously, I thought it had a clunky interface, and I hate that I can't choose which downloads to send to it, and it did nothing for my download speeds. I am on dial-up, so I didn't expect any different.

I currently use iGetter, and can schedule downloads, download small stuff directly from the browser, et cetera et cetera. Maybe I am just used to the iGetter-type UI. I used Net Vampire when I was using Windows, and iGetter is a very similar interface.

I'm not saying Speed Download is a bad program, it's just that I don't like it.

By the way, there was a file "SpeedDownload Browser Plugin" in my ~/Library/Internet Plugins, but nothing in either ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items or /Library/Internet Plugins. There is no /Library/Contextual Menu Items folder on my system. I sent it to the trash, but it won't let me delete it yet (I think because I am still running OW).

Thanks for the info.

dude, i was just making fun of speed download!! You made your post clear!!!
Wait am i not supposed to call you dude, i forget?

nkuvu, wasn't there a SD uninstaller app in you speed download package ?

no merit for me. I wanted to remove it after your ask the question... It makes me look for a stuff like it.

Back