Spiderman

Are you going to see Spiderman the movie?

• Yes, very soon I hope

• It looks great but I'm not planning on seeing it.

• No thanks

• I've already seen it

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

macguy17

DDR 4 EVR
I just saw it today, I think they did a great job on it and wondered what the people here think of it.

-macguy

As a long-time Sam Raimi fan, I'm quite excited about seeing it. I think his style - all stylised moving cameras etc - will translate really well to Spiderman swinging through the city. the one trailer I saw in the cinema gave me vertigo...

I loved the comics, I loved the cartoons...I'm not gonna see it. Batman and Superman were both killed bu the movies, I'd like to keep remembering Spiderman as I remember him...

I want to see it just for the computer animation. Other than that... I do not really care.

BTW MacGuy... your avatar is great! MARATHON RULES> ! My old description under my name was vidmaster. eheh :)

Very soon... I want to see it. Everyone I have talked to has liked it. Good thing my girlfriend works at a movie theater. I dont have to pay to see it, which will be good if I dont like it.

I saw spiderman last night. I really didn't like the trailer that I saw but the movie turned out to be pretty good. I still like XMAN better. :p

Originally posted by gamedog00
I saw spiderman last night. I really didn't like the trailer that I saw but the movie turned out to be pretty good. I still like XMAN better. :p

What's XMAN? Sounds interesting. Is it anything like X-men? :p

gamedog, I am not sure which trailer you saw, but one I saw that was painful was the Scooby Doo trailer -- shudder!

So I need to change my vote from "Soon" to "Already saw it". Very cool movie, IMHO.

Just saw it, and I REALLY liked it. I think it was a lot more developed than X-Men, and it felt much more real--like this kid was stuck in a situation that just sort of happened. It feels very honest, somehow.

In any case, it was a great movie. The animation was great, the acting was decent, it was exciting, it was emotional... it was actually a LOT better than I thought it would be. I thought the ending was a bit sad tho :( I figured something would finally happen between the two main characters but it really never did...

There's DEFINITELY going to be a spiderman 2, you can just tell.

Bluefusion- All the actors signed up for 3 movies, kind of like what they did with Harry Potter.

Sigh... I've seen this movie 3 times. If you see it, hope your little bro isn't a Spider-man freak :D

Spoiler alert!

Willem Dafoe wasn't signed up for all three movies, as I think should be pretty darn obvious to anyone who's seen the movie. Just another nit to pick! :D

Being a long time Spider-Man fan (I started reading Spider-Man comics back in 1977), I would have to say I like the movie very much (though I have only seen it three times so far).

On the subject of the Green Goblin, moving from Peter's beginnings to Norman's death took 112 issues of Amazing Spider-Man, and I think they did a good job of working it all together. I remember reading early scripts of Batman (when they still thought that they were going to include Robin in the first movie) thinking the same thing. The next Goblin needs to be Harry, and then (at some later date) they can bring back Norman.

Most of the people I've talked to think that Dr. Octavius is going to be in the next movie, but we shouldn't rule out Dr. Connors (who fired Peter in this movie from his lab job) either. Also Peter dates quite a few girls (including Betty Brant) before marrying Mary Jane. The number of twists and turns that could be played out should keep us guessing for quite some time.

The one thing we don't need to guess about is that there is going to be more. While waiting to see it for the third time, the manager of the theatre came in and told us that Spider-Man had reach $200 million... three days earlier than the Phantom Menace did.

I must say, I couldn't stop lauging like a little kid during his initial "gliding" scene.

If you haven't seen Spidey, go see it.

I would say it's one of the best comic to movie conversions I've seen yet.

The plot was about as intricate as it can get for a comic. My girl was crying during more than a few scenes. It does make you feel.

LOL maybe I'm just super-sensitive or something, but I was crying during a few scenes as well, and that hasn't happened for a movie for a LONG time... in fact, I'm not sure if it ever has. Huh.

Back