spinning multicolor ball argggghhh

dreric1kansas

Registered
I have a flatpanel imac a couple of years old with OSX tiger. I have two hard drives connected to it and other peripherals. Lately we have gotten high speed but this current problem still exists. It has gotten worse and worse with the multicolored beach ball hanging and spinning and wasting a lot of our time with nothing happening. It spins and spins. This happens while working on the internet, aol, and even with some software. My wife seems to think it is not the high speed carrier but is a hardware issue with the mac. But it might be software or a combination.

I have read that sometimes the beachball comes when there are too many ports usb or firewire connected. This was not a problem a number of months ago so I don't think that could be it.

ON January 1 the whole mac went white with just the apple logo and nothing else going on . I got the system working and reinstalled tiger. But lately the spinning bechball is wasting so much of our time. Any help appreciated. Do I need to gt Tech tool pro or something to help figure out what is happening or do you all have answer. Appreciate any help.

Message can also be send to dreric1kansas@aol.com besides this forum. Thanks

When you reinstalled Tiger and NOTHING ELSE does your Mac still freeze up? If it does not freeze up, then it is another piece of hardware or software causing you the problems, and you will need to reinstall them one at a time until a problem occurs. If it does freeze up after a completely clean reinstall and NOTHING ELSE INSTALLED then you have a problem with your Mac.

And why are you using that garbage AOL anyways? Nothing but problems.

Get back to everyone once you have narrowed your problem down a little farther.

Back