Spinning wheel after login

edgeman

Registered
Hi All,

I'm really stuck with this one. I have just purchased 2 Macs, an iMac and a Macbook (the white one). This problem only happens with one of them, the Macbook.

When I login using my windows account (DOMAIN\User) on my iMac everything works fine. When I try the same on my Macbook however I type my password, hit Login, and then I get the spinning colorful wheel, and nothing else (I have waited a loooong time).

This is really frustrating because:
1. I can log in to a local account on the Macbook
2. the settings between both machines for Active Directory are exactly the same

The only 3rd party software I have installed on both machines is Office 2008 (the standard edition - not home & student).

This is what I have tried so far (remembering, I'm not a Mac expert, but am a PC expert):
1. Reboot
2. Removed the mobile account that was created when I logged into Active Directory, then logged in again
3. Typed a wrong password, this confirmed that the Macbook was talking to the Windows server (I can see network traffic as well)
4. Cleared the Library/Caches folder, and System/Library/Caches folder

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am completely stuck and frustrated :-(

Might be a font issue, has been known to happen because of it. Check for defective fonts.

Back