Split movie (burnable on one cd)

dau

Registered
Hi macusers,

i search for a Solution to split my moviez (DivX, mpeg, avi) into peaces for burning on cdrom. The downside is, that all my oses have to understand the format: Linux and Windows 2003.

thanx for fast advice

with kind regards
dau

Try using divx doctor to turn the Divx file into a .mov file. You can then take this file and use the "missing mpeg" tools to turn this into a fromat suitable for VCD and make a VCD or SVCD cd. However, if you have already ripped the movie to divx using something like mencoder for OSX, you can then play the Divx file on a mac, win, or Linux computer using the free software "Video Lan Client"

Hope this give you a head start.

SA

Originally posted by buc99
Try using divx doctor to turn the Divx file into a .mov file. You can then take this file and use the "missing mpeg" tools to turn this into a fromat suitable for VCD and make a VCD or SVCD cd. However, if you have already ripped the movie to divx using something like mencoder for OSX, you can then play the Divx file on a mac, win, or Linux computer using the free software "Video Lan Client"

Hope this give you a head start.

SA

sorry i am noob in video editioning, creating. I downloaded the movies with mldonkey and the are to big to fit on one cd.

i search for tools to divide my movies into smaller peaces.

one example is "split - split a file into pieces" a UNIX tool. But i heared that this doesnt work with DivX???

Originally posted by dlloyd
Be carefull, this is on the very edge of what is allowed here...

please give me a productive answer. I download only legal stuff, mostly.

Originally posted by dau
one example is "split - split a file into pieces" a UNIX tool. But i heared that this doesnt work with DivX???

I'm quite sure it should work on os x, see if you can download the source and compile it

Back