Spolier! (Not really) 10.3 Intro Screen....

Originally posted by Stridder44
Check this out. I love it. I wonder who does the song tho, I know who did the intro song for 10.2...

Holy crap! 400th post! :D

hey!

just wondering.. who did the song for 10.2?

Originally posted by OSX-Devlinite
That is one stupid intro... Weirdo music and an X you see for 50 secs. How is this innovative?

It's actually a good intro, though the stop on X does seem a bit long. I notice that the actual Quicktime movie ends as soon as the X comes up - during the install, is there something else going on at this point, a dialog box that pops up or something?

It would be very cool if this movie played instead of the "Mac OS X" startup panel, and ended whenever OS X was ready to continue (going to the login prompt or into the default user's desktop)...

Rip

Are you saying you know something we don't, Hulk?

Besides, I want it to be MORE than just an installer intro =)

This - real? Some Norwegian must've had much influence on this one. I can't even remember seeing "Velkommen" in the 10.2 intro :p

Originally posted by uoba
The track...

is Eple by Royksopp, fantastic track.

I'm guessing this movie is some student's multimedia project (I wouldn't give many marks for originality ;) )
Beat me to it by a couple days, but yes, it is Eple, by Royskopp. They are awesome.

The 10.2. intro can be located here:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SetupAssistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/intro.mov or something like that ;)

Also, you can watch the following other parts of OS X 10.2. installation:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SetupAssistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/panel.mov

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SetupAssistant.framework/Versions/A/Resources/progress.mov

Not the music though! :p

Music for 10.3 (and 10.2 if I recall) is:
/System/Library/CoreServices/SetupAssistant.app/Contents/Resources/intro-sound.aiff

What link UNIX X11? The one that displays the "intro" of Panther? If you want that I can send it to you ;)

If you mean some other link, let us know which one! :D

The music for the 10.2 intro is called "Sofa Rockers" by Kruder and Dorfmeister. And yes, Royksopp is awsome :D. I later found out I already had the song Eple by Royksopp in my library.

Back