Spotlight Search For Multiple Files At The Same Time?

DirtyCzech

Registered
Hello! Is it possible to do a Spotlight search for multiple files at the same time? I know that if you type OR in-between file names, it will bring up both search results, but I'd like to get around typing "OR" in-between each search query.

Ideally, I'd like to copy/paste from a spreadsheet into the search field and have the results pop up for me? In a perfect world, I could copy/paste from my spreadsheet 20 different files and paste them into the search field and let OSX do the searching for me.

Thanks for any help

Hello! Is it possible to do a Spotlight search for multiple files at the same time? I know that if you type OR in-between file names, it will bring up both search results, but I'd like to get around typing "OR" in-between each search query.

Ideally, I'd like to copy/paste from a spreadsheet into the search field and have the results pop up for me? In a perfect world, I could copy/paste from my spreadsheet 20 different files and paste them into the search field and let OSX do the searching for me.

Thanks for any help

WELL... at least i found a workaround. I created a column and pasted OR into each cell, then copied the column with each file name AND the "OR" column. Then I pasted that into the Spotlight field and it worked. SO, I answered my own question. Hope someone else will find this trick handy.

Back