Sputtering MacBook Pro Speaker

Harvey

Registered
Hello everyone,

It seems that one of the speakers on my recently MacBook Pro sometimes gives off a continuous high-pitched tone, and other times it seems to sputter when playing sounds.

I only really notice it when playing music. I don't notice it when watching videos with VLC. I have tried various MP3 flies so it seems it's not a particular file...

Could it be something phsyically wrong with my speakers?

Any tips appreciated!

Is your MBP still covered by warranty? I don't know whether this issue is one that can be resolved by troubleshooting or whether you should just take it back to the Apple Store that you purchased it from.

I can tell you, however, that there seems to be others who have experienced or are experiencing this strange audio issue. (Courtesy of our friend, Google, )

It's not necessary that you go to the Store you purchased it from but I can tell you from experience that it's better to deal with the original seller. If you can't get there, then go to the nearest one, but at least contact the original Apple Store to tell them what's going on and basically to keep them in the loop.

Yes its still on Warrenty, I just got it in about March.

I bought it in Japan though and now I'm currently in the States. I'll call their customer service center thing.

I hope they give me one of the new iPhones!

- Harvey

Now I get a constant high pitched squeal from the right speaker, and it doesn't play audio at all. Sad day. I'll be calling support

Hey thanks for the website complement! Keep comin back.

I caled mac, they suggested I try an SMC reset, a PRAM reset, and if it didn't work to take it into the Apple store, which I'll do tomorrow.

Hope it's not under the weather for long.

Maybe I can grab a new iPhone while I'm in the store!!!

I had my first generation MacBook Pro right speaker go. The first symptoms are almost like your symptoms. So if you have AppleCare they will replace it for you (they did for me with a 48 business hour turn around). Good Luck.

Back