Squeezebox 3 vs Airtunes

Chic0

aka Norman Gah
Sorry, if this has already been covered, but wondered whether anyone could help or point me in right direction.

I was about to buy Airtunes to use with my Powerbook G4 but then stumbled across the Squeezebox 3 device.

This seems to be getting rave reviews and I love the fact that it even has a audio digital optical out. The Airtunes doesnt have this right - just normal stereo outputs?

Does anyone else have a Squeezbox 3 device? If so, what do they think of them? Do they work seamlessly with Macs over wireless?

Any info wil lbe helpful

Cheers

With "Airtunes" you mean an AirPort Express, right? Yes, that has only normal stereo output, but it is supported by iTunes, which can be interesting. I guess it depends on what you want to with the device - and how you want to use it. I also think the AirPort Express is less expensive...

Yes I meant Airport EXpress with Airtunes.

Reading a bit more about Squeezebox, it sounds really good even if it cost nearly double, but thewre's one thing that putting me off. From what I read it seems that you cannot control music from iTunes, you can only select music by using remote control and Squeezbox :-( I dont like the idea of that one bit.

Can anyone clarify if this is true?

Back