Star Wars games are coming to the Mac

wdw_

Rockee
Originally reported by MacNews.com
Aspyr Media revealed today that they will be bringing Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast to the Mac. The game was developed by Raven Software for LucasArts, and will be ported by Westlake Interactive's Brad Oliver. No release date has been given.

Several years have passed since Kyle avenged his father's death and saved the Valley of the Jedi from Jerec and his band of Dark Jedi. Allowing his Force powers to languish for fear of falling to the dark side, Kyle entrusted his lightsaber to Luke Skywalker, vowing never to use it again. But when a new and menacing threat to the galaxy emerges, Kyle knows he must reclaim his past in order to save his future.
Players assume the role of Kyle as they employ a unique mix of weapons, Force powers and your lightsaber in both single- and multiplayer modes.

Aspyr has also announced that the strategy game, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is currently in duplication. The game is expected to ship in the next few days.

The destiny of a galaxy hangs in the balance and you're in command. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds lets you lead the armies of Star Wars to victory in intense, real-time strategy clashes. Enter the fray as Darth Vader and the Galactic Empire, the Rebel Alliance with a legion of Jedi, the greedy Trade Federation, the Royal Naboo and other civilizations in campaigns that will determine the final outcome of the Galactic Civil War. You are able to manage your resources and upgradeable technology into your strategy, such as Wookiee ingenuity, advanced Gungan biotechnology, and Jedi stamina. The action continues as you are able to command X-wing fighters, TIE fighters, Imperial Walkers, and other famed Star Wars vehicles. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds: Face your destiny!

Yeah!:D

It's also coming to Nintendo GameCube.

[edit just to be complete - it's coming to Xbox at the same time it's coming to GameCube, I forgot that when I initially posted]

I played the original Jedi Knight for about 1.5 years straight, one of the best games ever in my opinion. I'm sooo glad they announced this and that I can play JK2 on my OSX box. I also just bought a gamecube so that is rad news also..... YESSSSSS

The Game Machine magazine (Italian edition) has a review about Jedi 2 this month, and they say it is a lot duller than Jedi Knight 1. This won't stop me from buying it, but what I would really love to see on the Mac is Rogue Squadron.

Rogue Squadron? Don't count on it.... that is destined to be a Gamecube exclusive forever.

Perhaps you can get the next one the Factor 5 is working on, supposedly they are rewriting the graphics engine from the ground up for the next generation of Star Wars Flight Combat....

yay!

i have Rogue Squadron for Gamecube, and the only thing i think it is missing is a split screen Dogfight mode for 2 players.

Anybody know when the new Spider-Man game will be coming out for the Mac? I'm referring to the one that's related to the movie.

i enjoyed playing 'dark forces' (the prequel to jedi knight) several years ago on my old performa 5200. it's nice to see jedi knight 2 coming to the mac. i keep my fingers crossed for a decent port.

Back