Start Mac on time??

AppleWatcher

Tigerrr
Does anyone know if there is a program that starts up your mac at a certain time while it is shutted down?

AppleWatcher

I know for a fact that this feature has been omitted from OS X, but OS 9 had something called "Scheduled Startup/Shutdown" that you could use to enable your Mac to start up or shut down at predefined times.

I also heard that if you reboot into OS 9 and set these settings, then set the startup disk back to OS X that the settings will be enabled even though they don't exist in OS X.

I believe that the startup/shutdown time things are located in the control panels somewhere...

It's in the Energy Saver control panel. There's a checkbox (I think, been a while) for Startup/Shutdown instead of Sleep in the section where you can schedule Sleep/Wake.

Hmmm that's a little problem because I removed OS 9 completely from my harddisk since the install of Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar :D:D

Further suggestions? :confused:
It must be possible, my mac remembers time...

AppleWatcher

Sorry, that first post was in reply to ElDiabloConCaca. It is in the Energy Saver Control Panel in Mac OS 9. Sorry for the confusion.

Back