Start-Up items?

Supa troopa

Registered
I am running the newest version of Jaguar and I was wondering if there is a way to have a start-up itme remain in the same place it was when I logged off. For instance, I want my CPU Monitor bar to remain where it is, by the clock when I boot. I already got it to start when I bott, but it is at the bottom of the screen. Can anyone help me?

I wonder if you could delete com.apple.CPUMonitor.plist? My CPU monitor always opens exactly as I left it.

Chris

No, it didn't work. I tried deleting the .plist file and it still came up in a different spot. My iPulse comes up in the same spot... hrmmm.. Anyone else have an idea??

If you have it in the menu, like I do, then no it won't stay. I just recently switched to MenuMeters, which replaces Net Monitor and CPU Monitor and has a smaller footprint the way I have it set up.

Is it possible I can get someone to send me a mirror site MenuMeter, because I am behind a firewall at school and I can not reach it. I have tried macupdate.com,versiontracker.com,raginmenace.com. If someone would be ever so kind, I would extremely appreciate it. thank you.

Well, I got it on floppy from a friend. thanks a lot for the offer though. But how do I execute it? I copied it into my Library/User/PreferencesPanes folder.. and then what... (I had to make the PreferencesPanes folder).. I installed it so only I can use it... but how does it work now? Thank you bobw for the offer though, I appreciate it. :)

Well, I opened it and the sytem preferences just sits there. No windows pop-up, jsut the menu bar changes to system preferences and thats it..... The file looks like a folder right? That's what my file looks like.... Can someone please help me?!?!?!?!?!

Ok, well I opened the folder and "viewed it's contents". I ended up double clicking all of the folders in the resources folder an they finaly came on... Strange?? Cheating way?? Any ideas??

Nevermind guys, I got it... lol do not ask me how but I got it. thanks for all the help. I am still trying to get used to MAC OS X and it's extensions. Thanks again.. :-D

Back