Startup Screen

Snyper M

Registered
I'm working on developing a graphical enhancement for OSX. Truthfully I'm a big fan of the graphite aqua theme they have provided us with, although it would be nice if I could edit it anyway... however in lieu of that I'm attempting to make a theme that compliments it.

I'm talking icons, message windows, loginwindows and bootpanels. Currently I've decided to work on the login screen. I'ts coming along somwhat but I need some help with the bootpanel and multiuser login screen.

Does anybody have any idea how I can control the size of the accursed bootpanel? or change that blue color? (not the Blue Aqua.jpg background) Also if anybody has any idea on how the .nib for the multiuser login panel works I'd be most grateful...but it does lal this weird resizing and I'm totally lost on my own.
You cna check out my progress so far here http://homepage.mac.com/czepiel/FileSharing2.html

I'd apreciate any info anybody cna get me on hacking the boot and login panels. Thanks.

The .nib file is a Interface Builder. If you've installed the Developer tools that come with OS X you can edit the panel quite easily with Interface Builder.

Cheers,
Dak

Yeah UI'm pretty mcuh done with the single user loginpanel.. But the mutliuser one is simply difficult to work with at is resizes dynamically. And does the bootpanel have a .nib anywhere? I've yet to find it.

Back