Starving college student needs help....

jimbo

Registered
Okay guys, please don't think too badly of me. Here's my dilemna. I'm salivating for an Apple Powerbook G4, but starving college student, no cashola til next year. So, here goes my question - please be nice, now. I was in computer store, fell in love with the beaches screensaver - it was SO cool, does anybody know where i can get a clone for my PC. ouch, i know you're all cringing, but this would satisfy my MAC fix til I can afford the real meal deal. next year, only one more semester away.....

TIA for anywhere you can direct me...

If someone would extract the pictures of that screensaver, would you be able to make the PC have similar effects while changing the pictures?

Actually, If you could extract the pictures and you put them in a folder on XP you could select that folder from Settings of "My Picture Slideshow" (I think it's called that) screensaver.

So thats where all the Wintel closet queens are hanging out! Thanks for that article link Andy... I sent it to all of my family members as I am the lone Mac Zealot among them.

powermac said:
Interesting how most PC people criticize Mac, and yet are so eager to copy us. ::evil::
Haha, I've seen endless Windows XP desktops of users who hate Macs with total Mac OS X themes applied :rolleyes:

All you'll need to find is a screensaver application that will slowly zoom in and fade between images in a selected folder. Get someone to extract the pictures for you and you're on your way.

That's exactly how I had my PC before I could afford a good Mac. My PowerBook G3 was too horrendously slow to use as a primary machine so I tricked out my PC with the Beach screensaver (all available in beach.saver to anyone with OS X) (I just used the My Pictures screensaver). I also had the Dock, ObjectBar, StyleXP theme, etc, etc.

It was all just a whole lot of effort for such a tiny bit of increased productivity (although the Dock helped a lot)

Back