Steve's Keynote in QT6

mithlogy

Registered
Has anyone else tried to view Steve's keynote on QuickTime 6? I downloaded the 6 player and am using a G4 tower, but I can't get it to stream properly at all. It plays for three seconds and halts, and then the volume goes away, and then it comes back for a few seconds, etc. I've tried several times. Is this just because I'm using my 56k modem, or what? I thought that QT6 was supposed to be great at streaming video. Any insight for me?

Hmmm. I'm rewatching the keynote in MPEG4 under Jaguar 6C106. I'm on a cable modem, and I've enabled "Instant On".

Wow.

You can scrub through the video to any point, and when you let go, it automatically starts - no waiting for the stream to catch up.

Apple has done a great job with QT6.

i wasn't able to watch it in qt6 live, but later i revisited the keynote and it was sweet.

i also got the new real player for x, i like it much better than any other RP. Not that I'll use it all that much...

I cant use MP4 audio or video without crashes under OS 9, and I don't have X, seems I can't either..

Originally posted by mithlogy
Has anyone else tried to view Steve's keynote on QuickTime 6? I downloaded the 6 player and am using a G4 tower, but I can't get it to stream properly at all. It plays for three seconds and halts, and then the volume goes away, and then it comes back for a few seconds, etc. I've tried several times. Is this just because I'm using my 56k modem, or what? I thought that QT6 was supposed to be great at streaming video. Any insight for me?

I had the same problem, but I fixed it by setting the transport protocol to HTTP and port 80 instead of UDP under the QT pane in system pref.

Originally posted by maxebb
what's the link to the video?

The keynote is available as video-on-demand as an MPEG 4 stream (you will need QT6 to view it) at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwny02/

I don't know a way to download it - some adress leaked some days ago where you could download the whole 300 MB keynote but it seems that apple has closed this gap (right before i was able to catch it :mad: )

QT 6 is great.

Also rendezvous is great. I just watched that demo, and now that I see it in action, it is exactly what I have been saying for years is how networks should operate (not that I have the slightest idea how to do it). Of course Apple is the one to finally kickstart this method.

Back