Sticky Brain, Omni Outliner or something else?

Taking notes

• Sticky Brain

• Omni Outliner

• something else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randman

HA! HA! HA!
Looks like SB has been updated. I have OO2 and was thinking of upgrading then I saw the StickyBrain update. What does everyone else use? Comments on either? Or is there a third choice worth considering as well?

I've liked what the Omni Group has done with the new versions of OmniOutliner, but I've been taking a closer look at DEVONthink and DEVONnote.

Plus I've been using MacJournal for quite some time.

These products have some over lap, but they are still somewhat unique. I've never thought of OmniOutliner as the same thing as, say, MacJournal. On the other hand, I would say that StickyBrain, DEVONthink and MacJournal have a lot in common as applications.

I tried out the new version of Stickybrain because of the palm sync.
But i wasn't overly impressed. I'm still a devote of Circus Ponies NoteBook.

ttfn Dirtbagg

The choice here is going to be very much subjective and individual choice/ preference.

I tried StickyBrain 3.x and Circus Ponies Notebook, but settled on DevonTHink 1.9x.

DevonThink seemed to be able to handle large data sets much faster and easier. (I seemed to have dumped large amounts of data in there.) For a more modest use (not very large data sets which seemed to slow it down considerably), StickyBrain 3.x seemed quite useful.

You might want to try demos of all products and make your own choice, which is what I did. I think Applelinks had a review of this type of software comparing the various programs pro and con.

MLJ_osxcom

Back