Stop automatic appleshare mount attempts

genecutl

Registered
I was just setting up a new OS X laptop. While doing this, I mounted two partitions of another computer using AppleTalk. Now, when I log on to my account on the laptop, a bunch of AppleTalk connection dialog windows appear asking for my password. Unfortunately, those dialog boxes don't have focus so I can't enter the password or hit any of the buttons. They interrupt the login process so nothing besides the Finder is launched.

Here's what I've tried to do: Starting up in "Safe Mode" (shift key down) gets around this, but it comes back again after a regular startup. Getting rid of my Library folder doesn't help. Getting rid of various system Cache files doesn't help. Loging in with the shift key down doesn't block the dialog boxes, but it does allow login to go all the way through allowing the computer to be used. Killing various suspect processes in the terminal has gotten rid of the dialogs, but killing the same processes on subsequent reboots hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

I did remove my login items (or, rather, item) which didn't help. But then, taking out my entire Library folder should have taken care of that too.

Back