STOP Microsoft

sailgreg

OS X Panther User!
Every 5 minutes I am getting the same email from MS about how crappy windows is and there there are a bunch of new wholes that you need to patch today.

I DONT USE WINDOWS OR CARE HOW CRAPPY IT IS.

At least Mail has a nice junk filter that trashes this for me :p

Let me guess: The email comes from security@microsoft.com right?
And the attached file is called patch.exe?

Guess what? That's the Dumaru virus. So don't blame M$ for those messages. While I agree that Windoze is crapola, I don't see a need to bash M$ for a virus that they didn't start.

Au contrair (sp?). If Microsoft hadn't created an insanely crap OS, then the virus (patch.exe) in question wouldnt exist. I say they ARE to blame..

I find it fun that on my Hotmail account, MS constantly sends these warnings and such, telling me to update and letting me know of the wonderful features of their products. The Hotmail junk mail filter automatically trashes these MS messages :)
Only thing is, it also trashes all my mails from friends, and especially my girlfriend, so I have to go through the trash anyways...only thing it seems to let through is offers to extend my penis...

Originally posted by Gnomo
Let me guess: The email comes from security@microsoft.com right?
And the attached file is called patch.exe?

Guess what? That's the Dumaru virus. So don't blame M$ for those messages. While I agree that Windoze is crapola, I don't see a need to bash M$ for a virus that they didn't start.

No, it isn't a virus, it is the Windows Security Bulletin stuff, and I am pretty sure it is a legit email from MS.

M$ suck the big wanker!

Since July 14, 2003 I have had to "download" 41 updates (classified as either critical or security) for the XP box that I have at work (I have a Mac too ::love::).

There have also been 14 other "updates" that I downloaded. 9 more are still waiting for download.

I think that there has been, what, 2 OS X updates in the same timeframe.

Oh but if anyone here has MSN they be getting none stop everyday IMs and pop ups from Microsoft telling them" The version of MSN you are currently running has security issues. Please click (whatever link here) to get more info. You get there and all it is, is a gimmick to get you to upgrade.

Windows itself is a security issue.

Ironic how Hotmail blocks Microsoft mailings.

Voice: I recommend www.mail.com as I get no spam. Well, for a while I got a few, but I set up some filters, and they haven't been necessary for a long time.

Originally posted by podmate
Since July 14, 2003 I have had to "download" 41 updates (classified as either critical or security) for the XP box that I have at work (I have a Mac too ::love::).

There have also been 14 other "updates" that I downloaded. 9 more are still waiting for download.

Know that feeling well. I gave up on my lptop as I never use it online anymore. The only two we have at work that run a M$ OS are on 2k Pro. Pain in the arse to keep them updated, even on a broadband connection. Feel bad for someone on dialup...their computer must always be online trying to download the updates.

Back