Stop trashing the browser threads

googolplex

jeff.hume.ca
Can we all please stop trashing the browser threads? If it is a Chimera thread don't come in an tell us it is incomplete, we know. And on the other side if it is an omniweb thread everyone should stop harping on its downsides as well. Let the people who want to talk about the cool new stuff in each talk about it without having to get in a stupid flame war with others.

When I'm trying to talk about the cool new chimera features and people come in and say the same things over and over again it gets annoying. If you guys want a thread to argue please do it in another thread.

I said this in the "Chimera hits 0.28" thread. See the quote below.

You want a summary? What I basically said is that I will NOT stop posting in Chimera threads telling you of the simple problems it has. Yes, I have posted in old Chimera threads about the lack of advanced features, but I no longer do that any more. BUT I WILL NOT STOP POSTING HOW IT DOES NOT TYPE WELL IN TEXT FIELDS.

People who have never heard of Chimera deserve to know that if they have a "slow" computer, that they should expect to have text fields typing as slow as molasses. They need to know that the Chimera developers expect them to have a 1000000 MHz computer in order to type decently in text fields.

Thank you for your time. See you in the next Chimera thread, gplex.

Originally posted by googolplex
And if you are so insulted by these threads please just ignore them. Stop being asses about it.

I like you guys but this really is starting to **** me off. We like chimera let us talk about it please.

gplex, and you're not ****ing me off?

I WANT to like Chimera. I LIKE that it has all the nice Cocoa stuff.

BUT I WILL NOT STAND FOR A BROWSER THAT TAKES ALL HELL JUST TO FINISH TYPING IN A TEXT FIELD.

I CANNOT believe how many people here do not understand that. I even POSTED A MOVIE SHOWING HOW SLOW IT IS. Maybe it's my computer that's causing the problem and that since you all have a better computer, then Chimera types in text fields faster. BUT IT DOES NOT IN MINE, AND IT SHOULD NOT TAKE A 10000000 MHZ COMPUTER TO WRITE IN TEXT FIELDS DECENTLY!

Like I said, gplex, I WANT TO LIKE CHIMERA. I WANT IT TO KILL ALL OTHER BROWSERS. But it DOES NOT WHEN YOU HAVE SUCH A SIMPLE PROBLEM AS SLOW TYPING IN TEXT FIELDS.

I did not say that OmniWeb is perfect. I know that it displays many websites wrong, and that it doesn't work well for my online bank and for the online management system called Axess here at Stanford University. BUT AT LEAST IT TYPES IN TEXT FIELDS AT THE SPEED I'M TYPING.

Sheesh. This is getting way out of hand, and it seems that some people do not understand how simple this "feature" is. It's supposed to be taken for granted, but obviously the developers of Chimera do not think so. I'm sorry that it has come to this, but I do question developers who can't get this simple feature "right".

And by the way, gplex, I AM talking about Chimera. And I'm ****ed off that the developers can't get this simple thing right! So don't tell me to buzz off, because I am going to continue complaining in all of your Chimera threads until the developers GET THIS RIGHT! Other forum members of MacOSX.com deserve to hear the problems I have with Chimera so that they know TO AVOID IT if they have a "slow" computer like mine.

solrac: I AM a developer. I make Memory Usage Getter. While it is not a web browser, it is an application, and I DO have text fields in it.

Do you know what it takes to make decent typing in text fields? You PLACE THE TEXT FIELD IN INTERFACE BUILDER. That's it. When you run the program, text field typing is up to speed, no matter how fast you type. Period. So, yes, I DO know how "hard" (i.e.: read "super simple") it is to make a text field type correctly.

And don't go telling me to use TextEdit. If a web browser isn't user friendly enough to allow me to type in text fields, it doesn't deserve to be used with a workaround. Even if Chimera displayed all web pages instantly (which, by the way, it does not), I would still not use it because IT DOES NOT TYPE IN TEXT FIELDS WELL.

Get some sense into your heads people. I'm sorry that I have to get this mad, but I just can't understand why you people can't grasp the fact that Chimera ****s because of this one fact. Note that if Chimera would fix THIS ONE PROBLEM, my "rating" for Chimera would INSTANTLY go from "****s ass" to "nice browser!". Unfortunately, this problem isn't fixed, so Chimera still "****s ass".

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, but calling something a "joke" and not "real" is not really constructive. If Chimera doesn't float your boat, fine. If the textbox speed is slow for you, fine. If you want to tell people about it, that's fine too. But you can simple articulate your points without resorting to belittling other people's preferences and choice.

The thread was clearly about Chimera, do you enjoy going into a Windows forum and tell people how their OS ****s? Actually, do you enjoy having Windows fanatics coming to OS X forums and tell us all that our OS of choice is a "joke" and that we should be running a "real" operating system, because "browsing is soooo slow" and that it's something so simple so Apple should get it right the first time?

I don't understand what's with the hostility towards Chimera? And I don't understand what's this "a browser to kill all other browsers" thing is about. I love Chimera, but I also use Mozilla and IE on a regular basis. It's pretty obvious that Chimera is alpha software, maybe one day it'll be THE browser, but there are always room for more.

Back