Strange Activity Under Osx 2.28

scanman

Registered
I have an old iMac running osX 2.28 which has suddenly decided to change the fonts it is using for desktop icons. I suspect that my cable connection is also being comandeered but can find no obvious evidence, or reason why the fonts changed on all of my desktop icons. Is there an adware, or spyware which will do this under osX as apparently there are still no viruses?

any help would be greatfully received,

chris

Focusing on:
'I suspect that my cable connection is also being commandeered but can find no obvious evidence, or reason why the fonts changed on all of my desktop icons' - without any fact(s), is a theory.
The only facts you have are - your 'Desktop' font type has been changed, and you do not know how, when, or why.

With respect to (some) real facts of MacOS X security - go to 'Opinions/Answers needed - Mail and Security'

Typcially (with MacOS X 10.2), there are no 'fonts' in the user's fonts folder ('~/Library/Fonts'); and, some applications when installing fonts, place them in the '/Library/Fonts' folder.
Did you recently add any fonts to your user's fonts ('~/Library/Fonts') folder?; or, recently install any application(s) that may have installed any fonts to your '/Library/Fonts/' folder?
Do you have any utililty application(s) or 'System Preferences' file(s) that allows one to modify a system level preference file, etc.?

Back