Strange collection of jag bugs

wyvern

Hey. I am really mystified about the bugs I'm getting. Let me just list them first.
These all occur after waking from sleep, and all go away after about 2 minutes.

The clock is set to the time that the computer was put to sleep.
Apps don't launch.
I can't access the network.
Any apps already launched tend to hang when I try to use them.

I freshly installed Jaguar (archive option), and 10.2.1 has not fixed this.

I don't use DHCP; I have a static IP. I have 1.5 gb ram. Also, a friend who also went to jaguar has this same problem. And, I can't hear the disk thrashing either. So what's going on? I can't make any headway, I was sure that a reinstall would fix it.

If you can backup all of your files, try a clean install. Archiving may be all well, but if there's something wrong with your prefs, it'll still be wrong after putting them back into your user's folder.

Can't really say though, my TiBook behaves superbly in Jag.

When my ibook wakes from sleep, the clock doesn't update until the next minute (i.e. not until the next scheduled update). But it sounds like you problems go well beyond this.

Twice I have had smb networking stop working along with the keyboard shortcut for force quit.

Reinstalling using the upgrade option has fixed the problem. It is a real pain in the ass though.

I have no idea how these two things may be connected but something in my system is getting corrupted.

I tried with another user, and I get the same bug.
Here's something REALLY strange though:
I put it to sleep as another user, woke up, had the problem, and logged out. However, I was stuck after logging out, waiting for the login window to come up, for about 3 minutes! I just had a blank unix screen (with no log in prompt or command prompt). There was no discernable disk activity. Bizarre.

Back