Strange Happenings....

philsto

Registered
Server 10.3 running on Xserve.

Viewing the workgroup manager and server admin in Timbuktu, I clicked on one of the users and received the message of " Error of tupe -14084 on line 2826 of PMMUGsearchcontroller.mm" And then the user would disappear, physicall no longer be visible. This happened for two or three users, and I stopped, fearing I had lost the user records somehow.

This wasn't the case, after I rebooted, the users were there, but all of a sudden I had a window floating on top of everything, a login window trying to login in to the laptop of one of the clients. Certainly not a laptop ever activated as a server of anykind. In addition to the inevitable spinning ball the image of the login window would leav marks when the cursor passed over it.

The login window will not disappear, but everything is functional behind it. In other words all windows can be activated, dragged around, but the login window is always on top and frozen in place...

Somewhat mystified...Any ideas? I have attached pictures...

Phil

Attachments

• pic1.gif
    pic1.gif
    39 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture-1.gif
    Picture-1.gif
    96.1 KB · Views: 8
Are you the only admin? Could be that someone needed a file from their laptop and activated personal file sharing on their PowerBook to transfer it when working on the server.

The plugin error you received is pretty generic. I've seen it, but it usually resolves with a simple reboot. Use dscl to take a look and I'm sure all of your records are there. :)

Back