Strange Internet Problem

ScottTheRobot

Registered
I brought my powerbook to work the other day and connected to their cable internet. When I tried typing a few familiar addresses into the address bar in safari, i was sent to different domains altogether.

For instance, when I tried getting to bbcnews.com, i was instead directed to some uk flights site. When I typed other domains in without the .com, I am usually sent to the .com domain, but now if I tried newstoday, i was sent to buydomains.com... and a number of other domains seemed to be 'hijacked.' But, no one else on the same network was having the same problem.

When I brought my computer home and reconnected to my network, the problem seemed to be gone.

Except, I noticed that the BBC news page is now missing the top red header bar completely. I put a screenshot here: http://www.scottthiessen.com/macosxhelp/bbc_news_strange.png

In addition, I noticed that on my own website, some javascript simply seemed to disappear from the source of my pages. The actual file has this code in it: <a href="Javascript:popUp('../itten_color_star/color_star.swf', 800, 600,'no')" class="link">Launch Project</a><br>

but, when I view the source, I just see:
<a >Launch Project</a>

I downloaded the page via ftp, and the source code was still in tact.

I thought it may have been just Safari screwing up, but FireFox has the same problem!

Any ideas on what the problem could be???

Thank you so much!!!

HectorO

Registered
Was there a user and password field in all of those redirects? It could be that the connection is secured and you need a password and user name in order to have internet access.