Strange Leopard Auto-Boot

neo36

UAAAARRRR!
Hey pals!

Since I upgraded to Leopard last week, I'm experiencing a very annoying problem: In the midst of the night, to be exact at 1 o'clock, my iMac (core2 duo, 2ghz) all of a sudden awakes to live and boots. I checked the appropriate energy saving preferences, I made sure there's no EyeTV recordings scheduled, I reset PRAM, I just don't have any idea, why it keeps on booting. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Anybody have any ideas left?
I'm looking forward to your replies!
Cheers! Reinhard

Hi Reinhard,
In System Preferences search for other time, scheduling, startup related items. It could be that for some reason it's set up to restart at 1 AM.

I am experiencing the same problem, except that the boot occurs at exactly 4:00 pm PST (0000 GMT - which is interestingly the same time as the original poster's 0100 in Germany). I cannot explain it, but find the com.apple.AutoWake.plist configuration file (which apparently contains no poweron scheduling) was modified at exactly 9:00pm on Monday, which is when EyeTV was scheduled to wake up and record a program (it starts early, but it might twiddle that file somehow to remove its scheduling once the program's scheduled time has passed). It is notable that the original post mentioned EyeTV.

I suspect that EyeTV is somehow corrupting the AutoWake plist file. My next experiment will be to carefully remove it and hope it gets recreated properly.

Thanks for your reply. The coincidence is interesting. Meanwhile the's been an update for EyeTV for Leopard, which didn't solve this problem, though. I'll get in contact with Elgato to get their attention on this issue. Let's see what they think!

Update Nov 17th: I've got a reply from Elgato, it seems it already is a known bug. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Back