Strange menubar space

Arden

Where mah "any" keys at?
So when I start up or log in to my computer, my menubar items take on a weird space between some of them, like groups (first screenshot). I have no idea why this happens, and stranger still, at some point it often fixes itself, again where I have no idea why. Does anyone know why this is occurring, and what I can do to fix it?

In case it's one of the items in the menubar itself, they are (left to right): Alarm Clock Pro, Synergy x2, Dropbox, [big space], Dialectic, Album Art Thingy, Caffeine, NetworkLocation, Quicksilver, iChat, Script Menu, iStat menu x5, Airport, Bluetooth, Volume, Battery, Fast User, iStat menu (again), Standard Date/Time, and Spotlight.

In addition, when I kill SystemUIServer, the second screenshot shows what's left.

Attachments

• Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 4
I tried that, quitting the relevant applications and reopening them... they appear to the left of the big space, and any new menu icons do as well. For example, if I were to quit and reopen Dialectic, it would show up all the way on the left. The problem here is that these icons often get hidden by the menus themselves, which can cause problems (pausing with Synergy, for example).

I'd say you have an _awful_ lot of those items hangin' around. Take all of the additional ones out, reboot, add one at a time until the problem happens again. The last one you've added is the culprit.

I certainly do, but they all get used frequently so I can't really prune the list down. Your suggestion is what I was going to do next to figure it out, I was just wondering if anyone had seen anything like this before or not.

Back