Strange P2P Carry On..!?!?

infinite-loop

Leave the whales in peace
Can I begin by saying that I didn't start this thread so that members can go on (yet again.!) about the 'pro's & cons' 'rights & wrongs' regarding the use of P2P applications.

So on to business:-

I'm looking for a reason why my G5 and my MacBook can no longer connect to the Gnutella network via P2P applications..? I upgraded both to 'Leopard' and that seemed to be the start of the trouble. In light of this, I cleanly re-installed my MacBook with the original install DVD back to 'Tiger', naturally assuming that all would be well again in P2P world, but it's not at all. No matter what P2P application I try, none of the P2P applications connect as they did previously with no problem.!

My son has a PC running Windows XP in his room and that connects to his P2P client software with no trouble. Both my Macs and his PC are wirelessly hooked up to a Belkin WAP then to a Belkin Router and then to a DSL Modem. This set-up was trouble free before my upgrade to 'Leopard' but as I previously mentioned, even after going back to 'Tiger' on my MacBook I still cannot connect as before.

Any advice or solution regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated..

Not a clue! I upped to Leopard--just the standard upgrade--and have no trouble at all with Limewire or Frostwire.

I use Belkin Pre-N wireless router connected to Cable modem.

Back