strange problem

jcombs_31

Registered
I got my macs all connecting fine to active directory but have a strange problem with mounting the home folder. The folder I'm trying to mount is on another 2003 standin server that is not part of AD. I set the folder path in the home folder section of the profile in AD, \\servername\sharename.

Now when I log into the mac I get a question mark where the mount should be on the dock. If I click the question mark I get the microsoft login window to connect to that share. Now if I try to login with the current user that is logged into the mac, I get wrong user or password, so I tried with another user account, and it mounts fine. So I tried to login with the other user, and the same problem, the current user says wrong username or password on the question mark, but I can use the other user and connect just fine. Seems like some kind of glitch.

Now if I mount a share as the home folder on the actual domain controller, I'm not getting any problems, it will mount fine. Any ideas where to go with this? I really neeed to get the mount to work correctly.

well, I guess nobody has an answer, but I think I solved the problem myself. In the file server there is a setting for authentication with either apple clear text or microsoft.

Back