Stuff PALM, this is how ARM should be used, develope for this!

I would have to disagree. I would be unable to function in college without my M505. Says me sooo much time and energy. Palm IS the only useful handheld product ive ever used. Its the perfect size, it works perfect, it looks great. The only other thing I would like is a wireless palm the same size as the m505. Their new one isnt. A few more years I guess.... :)

Hmm...comes down to personal taste. I sold my palm after a few weeks because I couldn't bare the OS (3.something back then) and got a Nokia Communicator with EPOC, much better, now I have an iPaq with PocketPC 2002 and most Palm users I know admit that this OS is far better then PalmOS 4...

Originally posted by ulrik
I have an iPaq with PocketPC 2002 and most Palm users I know admit that this OS is far better then PalmOS 4...

I like the iPaq's too but as far as I know PocketPC's aren't easily compatible with Macs (let alone OS X); no?
And unless they'll eventually have an Entourage X conduit, I'm not interested no matter how many games of color solataire you can play on those damn things!

Well, there is a Sync software, OS X native. I am beta testing it at the moment for the moment, it should be released within the next weeks. You already can sync files. The next release in a few months should also work with AvantGo. The software is called PocketMac, check out

http://www.pocketmac.net

I have used several real PDAs and some under emulation. I have used a palm in real life, did not like it one bit. It's just too useless to be useful.

I have a PocketPC with OS 2002, I have to say that this OS is heaps better than the palm OS.

I have a newton which is WAY better than ANYTHING out there. Unfortunatelly in some aspects it's a little behind (like a fully functional IrDA port), but in comparison it is still the best.

I have used symbian's OS under emulation (the revo/5mx and the 9210) and I have to say that it is a remarkable OS. *if* the 9210 were triband I wouldnt even have bought a pocketPC, just a 9210 :)

Back