Stuffit problem

Uncle Leo

Registered
hey im new to OS X and i have stuffit on my computer, but if I download a video file (.zip) and put it in stuffit, it creates a new file (.wmv). When I try to open this, a message comes up saying that stuffit may be able to open it, so I click 'Try', but the same message comes up again and again.

Any help?
thanks

Do you have Windows Media Player installed? Make sure the file's extension is .wmv - (double check by File > Get Info on the file and it'll show you whether part of the extension is hidden or not - i.e. file.wmv.zip).

I strongly urge you to install two freeware applications: VLC and MPlayer. There both work far better than Quicktime for viewing video (no editing features as with Quicktime Pro.) Often video created on a PeeCee that are .mpg files and are viewable via QuickTime (generally set by default) will show PARTS of the video - unbeknownst to the casual user ! I have experienced this many times. So many in fact, that I have MPlayer set to be the default viewer for .mpg video files. Of course Quicktime cannot handle the ubiquitous .avi video file format at all.

Back