Stupid eject button!

Alexandert

gonneawaycameback
Hi.
As you can see in my specs. I have a CD Burner and a DVD Drive. Now if I press the eject button both drives will eject. But I only want the DVD Drive to react. Is there a shareware or something to fix this???:confused: :( :confused:

I don't have two drives, but I would think that selecting the drive you want to eject in Finder then pressing the eject button would only eject that drive.

What I think would be cool for an app to do that is to map the 2nd drive's eject function to one of the F-keys. :)

I really think it's time Apple put the whole "Eject Buttons are for wussies" phase behind them and put them on the drive itself. And STOP DISABLING THEM ON THIRD PARTY DRIVES!

Also, TWO MOUSE BUTTONS!

The CDRW's eject button works on my Graphite Tower! :D

I don't care about the mice included with Mac, altho the Pro Mouse is much better - I have replaced it with a 4 Button / Scroll wheel optical mouse. :D

What I do want back worse than anything are - hard drive status lights or indicators of SOME sort! It drives me bonkers not knowing...
I could live with that red pixel in the upper left corner of the screen that my Mac originally had when I first got it (Mac OS 9.0 I belive), or Norton System Works (OS9 version) flashing icons on the menu bar...

But no LEDs, no Flashing Icons, no Red Pixels... ARGH!!!

Yeah - I'm a control freak that needs to know what is happening at all times! :p ;)

A user on this forum, bmarsh, once wrote an Applescript for me that ejected all removable disks when I pressed the F12 key. Private message him and he could probably give it to you.

as Apple didn't intend to give us the ability to work with two internal drives, it's seems normal to imagine that the eject button can't select by himself which drive he's gonna open.
What Alexandert needs seems more to be a script who will enable the ability to select a drive to eject, F11 for the burner, F12 for the DVD, for example.
If it exists, I will be interested in also.

Originally posted by rezba
as Apple didn't intend to give us the ability to work with two internal drives, it's seems normal to imagine that the eject button can't select by himself which drive he's gonna open.
What Alexandert needs seems more to be a script who will enable the ability to select a drive to eject, F11 for the burner, F12 for the DVD, for example.
If it exists, I will be interested in also.

Thanks!
Thats the point! That program would be great!:(

Back