Stupid GoLive 6 question

lucasraggers

Rotterdam
This should be peanuts for a golive 6 expert.

1) I want to have different colors for links in a page. Not all blue or all black or all whatever. How can i do this?

2) I don't want links to be underlined. How can i do this?

I know it can be done but i couldn't find it in 30 minutes.
Thanks !

You need to use a style sheet as below.

<STYLE type=text/css>
A:link {COLOR:#000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent; TEXT-DECORATION:none}A:visited {COLOR:#000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent; TEXT-DECORATION:none}A:hover {COLOR:#cc3333; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent; TEXT-DECORATION:none}.nav {COLOR:#000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent; TEXT-DECORATION:none}.nav:link {COLOR:#000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent; TEXT-DECORATION:none}.nav:visited {COLOR:#000000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent; TEXT-DECORATION:none}.nav:hover {FONT-WEIGHT:bold; COLOR:#cc3333; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent; TEXT-DECORATION:underline}BODY {FONT-SIZE:12px; FONT-FAMILY:verdana, arial, helvetica, serif}TABLE {empty-cells: show}TD {FONT-SIZE:12px; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:verdana, arial, helvetica, serif}INPUT {FONT-SIZE:9pt; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:verdana,arial, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ffffff}TEXTAREA {FONT-SIZE:8pt; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:verdana,arial, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ffffff}SELECT {FONT-SIZE:9pt; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:verdana,arial, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ffffff}.windowbg {FONT-SIZE:12px; COLOR:#ffffff; FONT-FAMILY:verdana, arial, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#9C9E9C}.windowbg2 {FONT-SIZE:12px; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:verdana, arial, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#EFEFEF}.windowbg3 {FONT-SIZE:12px; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:verdana, arial, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#660000}.hr {COLOR:#660000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent}.titlebg {COLOR:#ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#660000}.text1 {FONT-WEIGHT:none; FONT-SIZE:12px; COLOR:#ffffff; FONT-STYLE:normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent}.catbg {FONT-WEIGHT:bold; FONT-SIZE:13px; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#C6C7C6; COLOR:#000000}.bordercolor {FONT-SIZE:12px; FONT-FAMILY:verdana, arial, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#000000}.quote {FONT-SIZE:10px; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:arial, verdana, helvetica, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#dee7ef}.code {FONT-SIZE:10px; COLOR:#000000; FONT-FAMILY:courier new, helvetica, Times New Roman, serif; BACKGROUND-COLOR:#cccccc}.help {CURSOR: help; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent}.meaction {COLOR:#FF0000; BACKGROUND-COLOR:transparent}.editor {width :100% }</STYLE>

To do this through the GoLive interface go to the icon that looks like steps at the top-right of a document and is called "CSS editor" or something similar.

If you want to apply this to more than one page you'll probably want an external stylesheet. (File > New Special > Cascading Style Sheet)

Add new styles in the CSS box (you will want a, a:hover, a:active, a:visited) and then use the inspector to modify as necessary.

--
Colin

Anyone been having ftp problems with GoLive 6 in X? I can not connect to certain servers, forcing me into classic and GL 5, such a pain.

I don't use GoLive FTP but 6 is definitely my least stable X application, even with the 6.0.1 upgrade. I had a replicable crash involving copying and pasting between documents - dual g4 867 and 512mb with only GoLive 6 open and it quit every time I tried to copy the contents of a page onto another page.

--
Colin

Back