Submitted for your approval:

.dev.lqd

Angry Member
First real 3D modeling I've done.

Cinema 4D... did all the texturing and lighting myself.

Model is done ENTIRELY with booleans. It takes forever to modify on my dp500... frickin' booleans. I just can't bear to reduce them to polygons...

Attachments

• imac-good enough.jpg
    imac-good enough.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 67
it gets the 'official gardner' seal of approval:D

very nice. i would love one. i could put it in the bay window and get rid of the GF's computer desk. it would clear up a lot more room in the kitchen:p

of course i would have preferred roses, but i have some friends who would just love the sunflowers. it would match their kitchen perfectly.

OK, I think this was a great picture, how much does Cinema 4D cost and where can i learn to use it for stuff like this?

Very, very cool. I really need to learn some 3D programs (struggling to get into LightWave) because stuff like this is REALLY exciting!

Great job on that.

I want to say that C4D is about $500 educational... not a cheap program, but it's much more accessible and easy to learn than other packages (esp. lightwave and maya).

There are other less powerful but still good packages out there, but C4D, IMHO, is one of the better balances between zero 3D knowledge and lots of it. One of my instructors, who's in the industry, has actually said that he feels C4D is a stronger modeler than Maya, esp. if you don't already have a strong background in it.

Another one to try that is much cheaper is Amorphium pro... which has some neat modeling features, but is pretty bizarre in general. I want to say that costs much much less. Electric Image Universe is available is you buy the 3D toolkit from dvgarage.com (a great place to start learning tips and tricks... plus lots of ways to add subtle details to your scene... mostly through texturing). I've never used that software package, but the site's creator (Alex Lindsay of episode 1 fame) totes it for a lot of reasons, and I certainly won't argue with him (because he's pretty hardcore).

Beautiful!
Very good to be your first work!
You could render it to be an nice desktop picture.
I done a bit of C4D myself, and the interface is great especially, I think.

I just checked out Maxon's site...

http://www.maxonshop.com/us/

Cinema 4D go looks like a good place for people who want a 3D package that sticks to conventions but don't want to pay for all the bells and whistles they don't care about yet... it still looks like a competant 3D program though.

Amorphium Pro is from Electric Image (who knew?) and costs $120... $80 less than C4D Go... but like I said... it's a little funky.

Both sites have lots of resources available on the net. Maxon in particular has a collection of project-based tutorials and tips/etc.

Good thing it was submitted for my approval because that's all it's gettin'. :D

-the valrus

I'm confused... what else do I need to do to make it a desktop background?

It's a high-res .jpg file... just toss it on your desktop.

Back