Sudden insight into marketing insanity

Ceroc Addict

Registered
Answer me this: Why would Apple release U2 iPods in countries that don't have an iTunes music store?! (i.e. Where you can't use your U2 voucher)

Kap

Ceroc Addict said:
Answer me this: Why would Apple release U2 iPods in countries that don't have an iTunes music store?! (i.e. Where you can't use your U2 voucher)

Kap
As amazing as it may seem, you don't need the iTMS to use the iPod.

even without some of the benefits, one still has the distinctive U2 iPod.

People buy Porsches all over the US yet cannot use them to their full potnetial in the US unlike on the Autobahn. Are you implying Porsche shouldn't even try to sell them in the US? Should golf club makers only sell to pros since most of us cannot hit like Tiger Woods and therefore get the same value out of the club he would? Of course not. If there is a demand, Apple should supply.

The U2 iPods sold in Australia don't come with a U2 voucher (which makes sense since there is no iTMS here). But i still don't know why they won't even include the U2 poster.

So essentially we're getting an expensive 20GB iPod. Only difference from the regular iPod is the colour and the signatures.

macmofo said:
The U2 iPods sold in Australia don't come with a U2 voucher (which makes sense since there is no iTMS here). But i still don't know why they won't even include the U2 poster.

So essentially we're getting an expensive 20GB iPod. Only difference from the regular iPod is the colour and the signatures.
Again, as amazing as it may seem, you don't have to buy it. I am sure that someone else will buy it if you don't, and Apple will stop selling it if no one else buys it. That is as it should be.

I remember that there was a place you could send your iPod to get it professionally painted

• Anybody try this and was the result any good?
  • How much does it cost?

i.e. How much would it cost to just get a normal iPod and have it painted like the U2 version.?

Its value is as a collectable. Can anyone tell me how much the No Doubt, Madonna and other signature edition collectable iPods are worth now? I think there were about 4 or 5 different limited run signature iPods made, long before the U2 iPod came on the scene, and these would almost certainly be worth a lot to any serious fan of the bands.

If the U2 iPod isnt worth the extra $$ to you, then what's it matter? If you buy it anyway despite that fact, then your just wasting your time (and money). Point is that someone will buy it and prolly does want it anyway- which is totally fine cuz U2 is an awesome band :D

Back