suddenly a few applications don't run

gemanieto

Registered
I need help. A few applications had broken at the same time. I thought they'd been broken so I erased them and install them again but still seems that they are not working. When I click into the icon application on the doc, it starts to jump as if it's openning but then it stops. I did check and repair the permisions in the utilities but it seems that there is no problem. Does anybody knows what can I do? thanks!!

Find the preference list files for the apps in question, and delete them. They end in ".plist". Do a search (Command+F in the Finder) for the application name, and look for the preference files. Then just delete, and re-open the apps. See how that helps.

thanks for answer me. I did that: I delet the .plist but still the apps don't open. is there something else I can try?

You can try creating a new user account and see if the same thing happens when you log into it and try to the run the apps.

Also, when you repaired permissions, did you do it from the Mac OS X installation CD? Did you boot from that CD and then run the utility?

Back