Suddenly, there are MANY of me

jbartlett

Mac Chick
I have a TiPB running 10.1. I'm on a network. So far, so good. I can choose "Go/Connect to Server" and see my other machines, my OSX server, a couple of OS9 servers and some other users. I can also see my own, previously mentioned (the one I'm looking from) TiPB listed like 20 times. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Never less than twice though. When I look from other machines, sometimes the TiPB is there, and sometimes it's not, but I can always connect using my IP address. I swear I'm not randomly changing settings or doing anything weirder than usual. It's not a problem, and certainly not urgent, but it has me utterly perplexed. Anyone have a clue about this?

Thanks,

J

Any idea what might cause it? I can't come up with any logical process that would make this happen. I suspected it was when my computer was idle and then active (persistent connection type thing), and that sorta seemed the case for a bit, but then it just started happening anyway. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, it's just kinda funky.

J

Back