Super Bowl

Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Carolina

• New England

Results are only viewable after voting.

Randman

HA! HA! HA!
Who's going to win? Carolina or New England?

I have to root for the Panthrax. I covered the Panthers when the franchise was first awarded. I covered the first draft in person, travelled 6 hours to Clemson during the first season to cover games (was working in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina then) and I caught all but 1 home game the second season when they made the playoffs.
I was 1 game away from getting Super Bowl credentials. Anyway, I'd be happy if NE won as they have a good team without any noticeable jerks.

My prediction: Panthers 24, Patriots 17.
MVP: Jake Delhomme.

I have to vote for the Patriots (state law =P), but I think Carolina's going to win. They seem to have the same heart and underdog attitude the Pats had 2 years ago.

Pats - 14 Carolina - 24

1 - 0 for Patriots... hem.. what ? didn't you say football ? ahhhh, you mean "american football"... okayyy... I was thinking REAL football (I mean european, brazilian, chinese, indian, british, irish, scotish.... football - soccer).

I'm all for New England. I've been dissapointed before, so this year I know they won't let me down. :p

Patriots- 24 Panthers - 17
(Sorry, they just seem appropriate numbers to me. :D)

Panthers are gonna win it - they have not been playing very impressively lately, but have always been able to win. Did anyone see Musin Muhammed's insane 2 yard toutchdown? I can't remember what game it was in, but it was insane, and it was tight - and it just show's no matter what happens the panthers can win...

Hours to go. Brats, chips, dips, drinks and other essentials are ready to go. The Panthers baseball jersey from their first season is hanging and ready to go.I'm ready to go. Go Panthers!

Hahahaha!

THAT'S RIGHT! PATRIOTS TAKE IT!

I'm so happy right now. I wish I had gone to the game though...

They were.
I just remember the one guy laying on the turf in the last four seconds, before the kickoff. It must suck to get so far and loose, but so good to get so far and win.

I REALLY wish I had gone to the game.

Game - Garbage
Commercials - Garbage
Halftime show... that 1 second Priceless.

So this will be remembered for what Justin did to Janet.

Urbansory said:
Game - Garbage
Commercials - Garbage
Halftime show... that 1 second Priceless.

So this will be remembered for what Justin did to Janet.
Commercials - OK
Game - GOOD! C'mon, did you watch the whole game?
Halftime show - Stupid.

Personally, I felt like it was a slap in the face. Like, is THIS the type of entertainment people like? After watching annoying, groping, suggestive dancing for 15 minutes, and the rip-away shirt thing, it was like a slap in the face. Anyway...

The superbowl is a lot of hype. Every damn year... "this was the best superbowl ever". What game were you watching? The add all this crap, pre game this and pre game that, for a whole week, I couldn't even watch SportCenter without seeing that, I don't care about the same dumb questions these reporters asks.

They take away from the GAME, it becomes less a game and more entertainment... which they try to increase the level of entertainment by inviting these artists. The playoffs were better than the Superbowl, and the last good IMO Superbowl... I honestly can't think of one, the playoffs seem to be better each year.

Super Bowl. Two words. :) Yes, you get more hype with the 2-week break but also that both teams were more team-oriented with fewer noticable stars on either team. The entire playoffs were great this year, hardly a game that didn't have truly memorable moments.
As for this game, it was one of the best. It had everything. Terrible starts, lucky plays, low-scoring quarters followed by point explosions, a back-and-forth score and a kick to win it as time ran out. I rooted for the Panthers but it was a great game, one of the best Super Bowls. Ever.
I just want to know what happened to the Panthrax defensive line and Stephen Davis. Both were close to no-shows.

I missed (not) the entire halftime hoopla. Not a very exciting lineup, though it hardly ever is. Staged for the corporate goons who get comp tickets there rather than true football fans.
Perfect time to walk the dog and refresh the snack tray. :) Though, watching the game this year abroad, I got the team of Dick Stockton and Daryl "Moose" Johnston who did a very good of announcing it without all the hyperbole of other teams.

Back