SuperDrive cannot read some audio CDs

hazmat

Rusher of Din
I'm not sure about before the firmware update, but the SuperDrive in my G4 867 with latest firmware will not read some audio CDs. Two so far. I put them in, the CD spins around for a while, then ejects. Anyone know why this might be? For what it's worth, the two CDs in question are Moss Elixir from Robyn Hitchcock and Murder Ballads from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

Thanks.

Yes, as well as my roommate's old beige G3. It's only in my SuperDrive, as well as the SuperDrive in his new Powerbook.

Thanks, but I have this update. I have been wondering if the problem is the firmware update itself. I'm not sure if I have played these CDs in there before. It is very possible they did work.

Originally posted by Sergio
Hi

Murder Ballads (Mute) works great here with updated Superdrive on a iMac G4
like all other CDs

Hmmm. Well this is the US release on Mute/Reprise. Where is yours from? Also, my SuperDrive says DVR-103, Revision 1.90. What does yours say?

Oh, very odd. Now Murder Ballads works. Weird. I'm ripping it before I have any problems. :) I wonder what the problem was before.

Hi

Oh my murder Cd seems to be an european release (Made in Holland)
I've got the DVR-104 with A227 firmware
Before I updated the firmware of the DVD-RW the iMac crashed on copyprotected
audios but now the work and rip well ;-))

Interesting. Robyn Hitchcock still won't work in the Mac, though. Maybe I'll try a European release. ;)

Back