SuperDrive Dissapeared

Sighter

Lord of Coffee
I have no clue about this one..My super Drive, wich is in the secound bay on my Dual 867 has dissapeared right after I updated to 10.2.4

I burned a DVD one day before..Absolutly nothing had changed in my set-up but the updated system...

>??????

-Sighter

Update... I rebooted in OS 9.2.2 and the profiler of 9.2.2 actually see the two drives.. (feels better I waz affraid that thing busted on me)..

Still see nothing in OS X.2.4

Will run Drive 10 now...

So I reinstalled 10.2 on another partition..
Working just fine and it see the SuperDrive

rebooting on the 10.2.4 partition, no more SuperDrive..

???@#$$%^&???????

It said that it didnt want to boot on my 867.. will install it on the other partition tonight and will keep you posted

I cannot beleive I am the only one with a combo Drive and a SuperDrive
in a Dual 867...I reinstalled a fresh OS X and it sees the two..as soon as I update to 10.2.4 BOOM!! no more SuperDrive..??????

I've had the same problem with osX server 10.2.4: the superdrive in the second bay is disappeared! I think that I have to downgrade to 10.2.3... Have you tried to change the order between combo and superdrive?

Some reports on problems with retail Superdrives and 10.2.4The solution seems to lie in the jumper settings and having the drives organized in the right way along the IDE cable. From the article: "Interestingly, I updated to 10.2.4 tonight, and upon restarting, noticed that the Pioneer was not showing as being installed. The system did not appear to see it all all. I shutdown, unplugged the cable to the CDR drive, and restarted. The Pioneer was working fine again. Swapping the drives around so the Pioneer was in the top bay solved the problem, they are both now seen by the system. Jumpers were set at cable select and still are."

Back