Switch parody on the state of Mac gaming

MDLarson

Registered
QuickTime movie here.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but Oh well.

The dude's a little misguided, but I still thought it was funny (listen for "Photoshop" when he's listing all the games on the Mac, lol.)

it was posted a while back,, but, its still funny.
when he says "photoshop", i just laugh my ass off.

Thats lame. I dont like it. This guy looks at least 20 years old and he is wasting his life with games. He sux.

I dont care if he is picking on macs, he just looks like an idiot.

Originally posted by iKst
Thats lame. I dont like it. This guy looks at least 20 years old and he is wasting his life with games. He sux.

I dont care if he is picking on macs, he just looks like an idiot.

So, he's 20+ years old, therefore too old for games?

Let me guess, you're not yet 20...

As far as the video - truth hurts. Macs are hurtin for games. I'm hoping Shadowbane will at least be some balm on my burning shame.

And in case you hadn't guessed, I haven't seen 20 for a while. I use Macs cuz they are my tools - they make me money. A PC would probably suffice, but I'd rather use a Mac cuz I like the way they work. The fact that I can't use it for entertainment too (or at least as much as if I had a PC) burns my ass.

While I'm at it, I may as well jump off the deep end of off-topic discussion and ask: why the hell video card companies (ok, mostly ati) have always seen fit to release dumbed down versions of their video cards for the Mac? And if they are at parity with specs/features they charge more - for the same damn product! Damn that pisses me off.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I'm off to play Snood. Where's the Tylenol?

Originally posted by senne
he's a dork
not sure how old you are, but that has _got_ to b e one of the least convincing statements i have _ever_ read.

I entirely agree with Krinkle - mac's are a grouse tool for doing everyday things, i would never switch to a pc. unfortunately their range of games is rather poor. this movie plays on that fact - and in an extremely witty fashion. you can't deny that, and calling people dorks is so very childish.

Let me guess, you're not yet 20...
[/B]

Dont get me wrong man. Im 20 also, and i do play games sometimes. I have many games on my Mac.
But even my iBook can offer me enough gaming power and all the best games are available for Mac too.
So, playing games is fun and all...But if you are 20 and still play Q3 for 6 hours/day that is not cool any more. (this guy looks like a tipical-at-least-6-hours-of-quake/day-guy so i think he is lame).

What, so you can magically guess what people do just by looking at them can you? Are you telepathic now?

I guess I'm not a big time gamer. All the games that I am interested in are on the Mac...well there's americas army, but I'm gonna try that out with virtual pc today.

Dont get me wrong man. Im 20 also, and i do play games sometimes. I have many games on my Mac.
But even my iBook can offer me enough gaming power and all the best games are available for Mac too.
So, playing games is fun and all...But if you are 20 and still play Q3 for 6 hours/day that is not cool any more. (this guy looks like a tipical-at-least-6-hours-of-quake/day-guy so i think he is lame).

So playing games sometimes is ok, but playing more than you denotes immaturity and 'uncoolness'? Wow, the iKst litmus test is really scientific. So, let us know, how many hours a day can we play to still be 'cool'?

And all the best games are NOT available for the Mac. Who told you this? The guy who sold you your iBook? Did you read it in a flyer? I would like to play a MMORPG with my pc buddies - hmmm, let's see, since I can play all the best games why don't I try Dark Ages of Camelot, or hell, even EverQuest? Whaaa... I think those are the best, but I can't play them?

It pisses me off when I hear this ridiculously subjective argument. I don't think the best games are on the Mac and, when the games I want get here, they've been out for on the PC for months if not years. That means multiplayer is useless to me - my friends are tired of them by the time I get them. So I get to play yesterday's hits tomorrow. By myself. Bully for me.

By the way, I don't really play that often - mainly because I can't play the games I want.

too bad for you. I have the games that i need. But if you are a game addict and dont have a friends, girlfriends or life at all and stay in playing games all day long thats ok for me too. But dont be smartass and pick on people who have life and dont live in games with 23434exp. point wizards and drool over level 8 female fighters.

And yes. This guy on movie looks like he has no life, and yes, he has something againt Macs and probably never saw or used one.

Excuse me? How do you claim to know anything about me? So you can tell I have no girlfriend or friends or life and stay inside playing games all day? Mom, is that you?

So tell me, since you seem to be such an expert, how does a 'game addict' look? I want to be able to recognize them so I know not to talk to them - I want to be cool.

And I'm not being a smartass and picking on people, I'm pointing out that your smartass comment is pathetic. I made a point, you made a cheap shot. Grow up.

Originally posted by KrinkleCut
Excuse me? How do you claim to know anything about me? So you can tell I have no girlfriend or friends or life and stay inside playing games all day? Mom, is that you?

So tell me, since you seem to be such an expert, how does a 'game addict' look? I want to be able to recognize them so I know not to talk to them - I want to be cool.

And I'm not being a smartass and picking on people, I'm pointing out that your smartass comment is pathetic. I made a point, you made a cheap shot. Grow up.

I cant tell you how this ppl look like, but i can tell you that they ACT very much the same that guy on a video does.
If something cant play games it sux. And if it doesnt play Q3 at 120FPS it sux.

I dont claim i know anything about you (unless you are the guy on video). Im was speaking about that guy, and since ive seen his video i know something about him. And if he is like that in real life too, then he is a jerk.

And yes...you are being a smartass because you cant see that everyone dont like to spend all the time in their life playing games. If you dont see that point you are hopeless.

too bad for you. I have the games that i need. But if you are a game addict and dont have a friends, girlfriends or life at all and stay in playing games all day long thats ok for me too. But dont be smartass and pick on people who have life and dont live in games with 23434exp. point wizards and drool over level 8 female fighters.

And yes. This guy on movie looks like he has no life, and yes, he has something againt Macs and probably never saw or used one.

HA! I'll give odds of 1-1 that this guy has only _just_ realised that playing quake for "6+" hours a day is generally considered 'rather nerdy' - and is desperately trying to rid himself of that image he used to portray by putting down actors on a rather well done parody.

And what if someone i know only plays 5.6 hours a day? Are they cool? Am i cool because i don't have a single game installed on my tinbook? Am i cool cause i only use macs? or am i uncool to be that business-like? Maybe i should play between 36 minutes - 57 minutes of games aggregated per week with a standard deviation of 7 minutes to fall under the realm of this magical "cool-according-to-Ikst".

By the way - ya mum's a level 8 female fighter! AHAHAHAHH ;)

(sorry about that lame-arse yamum joke.)

hehehe....

I dont claim i know anything about you (unless you are the guy on video). Im was speaking about that guy, and since ive seen his video i know something about him. And if he is like that in real life too, then he is a jerk.

HA! Point in context...

This guy gets better and better...

I'm going to do a search now on Ikst's other posts to see if they demonstrate the complete lack of knowledge, maturity, insightfullness and intelligence he has displayed thus far in this thread

Sorry Ikst, but it might be an idea if you just drop the topic and don't embarass (sic) yourself further

*chuckle* "then he is a jerk". *chuckle* HAHAHAHAHHA... LOL...

Back