Switching Eudora Mail to new account

rprange

Registered
I'm running 10.4 and I usually log in as Administrator. I would like to only log in as Root.

Is there anyway I could copy my Eudora mail and preferences from the Administrator account over to the Root account so Root can use it?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Robert

rprange said:
I'm running 10.4 and I usually log in as Administrator. I would like to only log in as Root.

Is there anyway I could copy my Eudora mail and preferences from the Administrator account over to the Root account so Root can use it?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Robert
There is absolutely no reason to login as root. The very fact that you are asking this question means that you are setting yourself up to hose your system by accident. It is a dangerous practice even for users who know what they are doing. Cleary, you don't. As for moving your mail to a new account, all you have to do is to find your Eudora files in /Macintosh HD/Users/{administrator account}. Locate the same folder in /Macintosh HD/Users/root/. Move files from {administrator account} to the corresponding location in root. However, I cannot be more emphatic--what you are trying to do is about as bad an idea as can be imagined. Don't do it.

MisterMe said:
There is absolutely no reason to login as root. The very fact that you are asking this question means that you are setting yourself up to hose your system by accident. It is a dangerous practice even for users who know what they are doing. Cleary, you don't. As for moving your mail to a new account, all you have to do is to find your Eudora files in /Macintosh HD/Users/{administrator account}. Locate the same folder in /Macintosh HD/Users/root/. Move files from {administrator account} to the corresponding location in root. However, I cannot be more emphatic--what you are trying to do is about as bad an idea as can be imagined. Don't do it.

I hate it when people like yourself assume everyone except you know what they are doing with computrs. Logging in as root is no big deal. Even if I hose my computer, (which I won't) who cares? Oh no, I have to re-install...big freaking deal.

Robert

Eudora stores everything in the Eudora Folder in the Documents folder. Just copy that over and the application.

bobw said:
Eudora stores everything in the Eudora Folder in the Documents folder. Just copy that over and the application.

Thank you, I was searching in ~/library, I never thought to check the docs folder.

Robert

Back