Synchronizing Palm

huts21

Registered
How can I get Documents to Go installed on my Mac and each time it comes back with the error message that the destination file volume is locked. I've searched everywhere and also uninstalled and reinstalled Palm desktop several times. I've also deleted all files com.palm.hs

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Josh

Umm... unless I'm mistaken, Documents to Go is strictly designed for Windows PCs, so they can export/convert Excel spreadsheets and MS Word documents into a format viewable by the Palm portion of the software.

I'm not even sure if there's a way to get just the .prc file hotsync'd into your Palm device from a Mac, unless you copy it over from a Windows computer where you already installed the Documents to Go setup program? But even if you did, I don't think the program would do anything for you unless you had a Windows computer you grabbed documents from into your Palm.

You can, however, install Adobe Acrobat reader for Palm. Any document you can save or print on a Mac, you can also convert to an Adobe Acrobat .pdf file .... So that might be a good alternative for you?

huts21 said:
How can I get Documents to Go installed on my Mac and each time it comes back with the error message that the destination file volume is locked. I've searched everywhere and also uninstalled and reinstalled Palm desktop several times. I've also deleted all files com.palm.hs

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Josh

kingtj: You are mistaken on all fronts.

I have Palm desktop and Documents To Go on my powerbook, the OSX versions.

Huts: sorry, can't help on this one, except to suggest repairing disk permissions.

Ok, thanks for the information then! I'm not even using Palm Desktop with my Treo 650... I'm using "The Missing Sync" in its place, so I never really looked at what might have been bundled with the Pam Desktop for OS X installation CD that came with my phone. Maybe "Docs to Go" is even on there?

It seems like not that long ago, Palm announced they weren't even going to provide any further Mac support for their product ... Is that still the case, or has that whole policy been reversed?

Back