Syncing Address Book 4 With Exchange Server

dlinar01

Registered
Dear Sir/Madam,

With Panther, I have been able to sync my contacts in the mac address book with our exchange server. The address book in Tiger does not seem to sync with the exchange server any longer. Looking at Apple support describes the steps that I had also taken with Panther with the only difference that it does not work.

Any tips?

Yours faithfully
Dionysis Linardatos

Exchange compatibility is better in Tiger than Panther. But, there are three sides to this equation. The other two sides are Microsoft and your IT staff. When my firm recently upgraded its Exchange server, no more compatibility for me. If your IT staff will talk to Mac users, ask them about this. If not, then you will just have to use Entourage.

We have not upgraded the Exchange server since moving from Panther to Tiger. Panther syncing worked at first try, while with Tiger I have had no success. On what basis do you claim that exchange compatibility is better with Tiger than Panther (it may be the case with Exchange 2000 but certainly not with Exchange 2003).

The basis is called personal experience. However, if you read what I wrote, you must come to the conclusion that personal experience with one firm's implementation of Exchange tells you nothing about the situation at another firm. Your comments about the compatibility differences between Exchange 2000 and 2003 would seem to indicate that you at least a passing awareness of these issues.

Back