Syncing Tungsten T3 with iSync

callieX

Registered
My old hanspring finally died so I went out and bought the Tungsten T3. When I go to sync it all goes well until it tries to go to iSync. I get an error that my palm is not seen with iSync. I do everything palm and apple say to get it to recognize it but it doesn't work. I got everything over to my new palm except for my address book. Any ideas?

calliex

I have sent emails to Palm and Apple support but they are slow in responding.

It's been a while since I've had to do this, but don't you have to kinda "register" the name of each new device with iSync?

Did you do that?

[ ]It's been a while since I've had to do this, but don't you have to kinda "register" the name of each new device with iSync?
I do not know what you mean register. When I scan for devices it sees my iPod but not the palm.

Randman said:
You've gone though the conduit manager and set it to enable Sync?
Yes I have done that and nothing happens.

callieX said:
My old hanspring finally died so I went out and bought the Tungsten T3. When I go to sync it all goes well until it tries to go to iSync. I get an error that my palm is not seen with iSync. I do everything palm and apple say to get it to recognize it but it doesn't work. I got everything over to my new palm except for my address book. Any ideas?

calliex

I have sent emails to Palm and Apple support but they are slow in responding.

Had a similar problem with my Tungsten E. If you can see a Palm icon in the iSync display it should be working but, Apple's iSync Palm conduit can upset permissions on a particular folder (I forget which) and this prevents the Sync from completing. You can get a script from Palm's website which sorts this out, search for 'Palm permission fixer'. Also, check the hotsync log for clues as to where it is stumbling.

Back