Syncing with new LG VX6000 cellphone possible??

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
Does anyone know if you can sync contacts/calendar info with the new LG VX6000 for Verizon Wireless?

The phone comes out on July 8th and I would love to buy one if I can get my contacts into and out of the phone!

I do NOT want to have to manually enter in 500 contacts.

Anyone know if it is possible?

I doubt it. That phone has neither bluetooth, Infra red or even the option of data-cable connection. In fact, I can see no way to get data into or out of the phone aside from through the phone network services - meaning you would incur fees everytime anything is sent or recieved. I wouldn't bother with a phone that doesn't connect up in some other way

From the Lg website. In its feature list, it does not say that it has bluetooth or infra red, and in its optional accesories list it doesn't say anything about a data connection kit. So either they provide such a cable with the phone, or it just has no way of getting data in and out other than through subscriber services.

However, it looks like I missed this bit: "Internal USB Capable" in the list. I guess that means it does have a USB cable (though it suggest to me that it isn't included in the package).

Here's the product info page I'm looking at:
http://www.lginfocomm.com/products/product_detail.php?p=31

The bluetooth/IR thing is old news, but the accessory thing is not a tell-tale sign b/c in truth, most of the accessories are cross-overs from the vx4400. Whereas, the datacable may have to be unique to the phone due to the photo data aspect. We'll just have to see, but I wouldn't let that website be an indicator.
(phonescoop.com says it will have pc sync, so who knows)

Back