System emails.

Matsaki

Registered
When I open the terminal I get system emails about some Cron job or something. Looks like this:

Message 1:
From peter@MacBookPro.local Wed May 18 13:00:01 2011
X-Original-To: peter
Delivered-To: peter@MacBookPro.local
To: peter@MacBookPro.local
Subject: Cron <peter@MacBookPro> /usr/bin/open "/Users/peter/Library/Application Support/Squashed Software/Email Backup Pro/BackupEngine.app"
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=peter>
X-Cron-Env: <USER=peter>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/Users/peter>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:00:00 +0300 (EEST)

The file /Users/peter/Library/Application Support/Squashed Software/Email Backup Pro/BackupEngine.app does not exist.

How can I stop this?

Thanks!

at some time you've had an application from 'Squashed Software' called 'Email backup Pro' installed.
Your system cannot find all the necessary files it needs to run this task, hence the errors.
Your choices are to either reinstall the App or totally remove (uninstall) it, then the messages will stop.

I know and I have unistalled it. And I have even searched the whole system for any file called "Emailbackup" and "Email backup Pro" and I don't have a single file with that name on my system.

Try downloading 'EasyFind' make sure you select 'Invisable Files and Folders' from the search criteria, now try searching for 'Squashed' plus also try the searches for Email Backup.
Another thing, make sure there is no item listed under 'System Preferences -> Accounts -> Startup Items' pertaining to this backup app.

The only file I found from all the searches was com.squashedsoftware.EasyVPN.plist Let's hope that deleting that solves the problem.

Aouch, deleting that plist file did not help. The system email keeps comping. Is there maybe just a Cron job left that I have to stop? How can I found out, and if so delete the cron job?

The Following User Says Thank You to jbarley For This Useful Post:

You're very welcome.

Back