system.log help/translation

AlexAlexAlex

Registered
Hi All,

I was having some major problems with my G4 (follow thread http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268717) but touch wood the new video card i've installed will save my life.

As part of my quest to understand whats going on i've been checking out the system.log as well as all those other things and there's still a few things which don't look 100% to my completely niave eye. Maybe someone could tell me, hopefully these messages are fine, i'm just interested anyway...

So we have the following messages:

Mar 1 21:26:42 localhost SystemStarter: The "HasShadow" window property is obsolete. Use CGSSetWindowShadowAndRimParameters(cid, wid, 0.0,0.0, 0,0, CGSNoShadowStyle) to turn off the window shadow instead. Set a break-point on CGSLogMessage to find out where this property is set.

Mar 1 21:26:43 localhost ConsoleMessage: Checking disks

Mar 1 21:26:43 localhost syslogd: /dev/console: Input/output error

Mar 1 21:26:43 localhost init: kernel security level changed from 0 to 1

Mar 1 21:26:45 localhost /usr/libexec/crashreporterd: get_exception_ports() failed: (ipc/send) invalid destination port

Mar 1 21:26:45 localhost last message repeated 2 times

and then later

Mar 1 21:30:23 localhost mach_init[2]: Server 0 in bootstrap d03 uid 0: "/usr/libexec/fix_prebinding": exited with non-zero status 1 [pid 414]

this message appeared just whe there wasa strange pause... icons didn't apear in a window. i closed it and re-opened it and it was fine, but still...

Any translation how ever brief would be great.

Cheers!

Alex

(no need to create three threads about the same subject. I've removed two.)

Back