System Preference X 10.5.7 accidentally deleted. Help!

Dylon

Registered
Help, im new to Mac, I had a lot of items in my trash, and the trash would not empty. To make the story short I was able to empty trash, bus now system preference is gone! I cant open any application that was in there, it keeps opening system finder instead, please help I cant get anything to function correctly now!

Unfortunately its a used Mac so I dont have the installation CDs, hopefully theres other ways to get everything back to normal? Please help

Look in the Applications folder - is it still in there?

Attachments

• aq.jpg
    aq.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 7
You will need the Install DVD.

You may as well go ahead and buy the full retail version of OS X 10.5, because you will need it - this case is just one example of why.

(the seller really should have included the Install DVD when you bought the computer)

Just out of curiosity. Would it be illegal if one of us uploaded the System Preferences application and he downloaded it?

Just out of curiosity. Would it be illegal if one of us uploaded the System Preferences application and he downloaded it?

I tried that, but the file was shaded and i could not select it as a
choice via file upload.

Oh good, I was just gonna suggest that. I'm sure he'll be pleased that he doesn't have to spend $130.

Yeah, but he will most probably need the Install DVD for other possible issue(s) down the line.

Thank you all so much! Its finally working again!! Considering my location (I am outside the states on a job in Africa, so you can imagine how tricky it would have been to even buy the much needed disks!).

Thanks so much! My System Preferences disappeared, and my DVD drive is broken so I can't use my disk to reload it. This thread helped so much and saved me $. I really appreciate you posting the zip file; it worked great!

Back