System Preferences Trouble

jokell82

Registered
After removing Dave 3.1 (the smb client for X works fine and I don't need Dave), I noticed that the 3 Dave Icons in System Preferences (under the "Other" category) are still there. How can I delete these? I've been searching via the terminal, but I am unable to locate the files. Please help. Thanks. =)

Do you have multiple users? Log in as another user and see if they show up for that user too. If so they must be in another library.

Look under /Library/Preference Panes and /System/Library/Preference panes.

Originally posted by Lazarus18
Do you have multiple users? Log in as another user and see if they show up for that user too. If so they must be in another library.

Look under /Library/Preference Panes and /System/Library/Preference panes.

Nope, just one user. And there are no files for Dave in either of those two folders. This really baffles me.

That is odd.

I only had the Dave beta installed, but one question would be how did you uninstall it? Try rerunning the installer, there is an uninstall option there. Maybe reinstalling and then uninstalling via that route would work. That's about all I can think of.

Well, I ran the uninstaller again (for a third time) and it finally worked. I guess the third time's a charm. Thanks for all the advice.

Back