Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
... the whole 2006 white line.

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 185
You should check the ingredients of that window cleaner. It's OK for the body, but the screen can get messed up with some chemicals.

I actually have saved enough so far to afford a white MacBook, however, after using one belonging to a friend of mine I have discovered that I just cannot handle a 13 inch screen. So, I go onward to "Pro"... should have enough to afford it after selling my eMac.

Ha, while on that note, anybody want to buy a 1Ghz eMac? :)

You should check the ingredients of that window cleaner. It's OK for the body, but the screen can get messed up with some chemicals.

I use it in a low density solution, never applied directly on the screen, but put on the cloth first, then I use the cloth to clean the screen.

The 24" still looks like a behemoth to me. I'd love one though :p I'd have to be sitting quite far from it too.

I actually have saved enough so far to afford a white MacBook, however, after using one belonging to a friend of mine I have discovered that I just cannot handle a 13 inch screen. So, I go onward to "Pro"... should have enough to afford it after selling my eMac.

Ha, while on that note, anybody want to buy a 1Ghz eMac? :)

i'm still stuck with my eMac 1.25 ghz.

I like the eMac also. The only two things going against it are the unfortunate capacitor issue and the weight. Other than that, I think it's a beautiful Mac, especially with a bright and crisp flat CRT. Makes the G3 iMacs look ancient with their curved CRTs.

I like the eMac also. The only two things going against it are the unfortunate capacitor issue and the weight. Other than that, I think it's a beautiful Mac, especially with a bright and crisp flat CRT. Makes the G3 iMacs look ancient with their curved CRTs.

I second that.

what was the capacitor issue?

The only thing I ever needed to repair on my G3 iMac was the battery, as it was completely broken and leaked...
So it wasn't on all models.

PS: The AppleCare link is to Apple Australia, just FYI...

The only thing I ever needed to repair on my G3 iMac was the battery, as it was completely broken and leaked...
So it wasn't on all models.

PS: The AppleCare link is to Apple Australia, just FYI...

Gah! You're right! I didn't even notice that.....just Googled it and off I went. So sorry.... :eek:

Here's one directly from Apple listing both programs available for the iMac G5:
http://www.apple.com/support/exchange_repair/imac.html

Back